How to Reach Dhamma Pushkar?
Dhamma Pushkar is located in Village Rewat (Kadel) near Pushkar in District Ajmer, Rajasthan. It is situated about 10 kms from Pushkar, 25 kms from Ajmer and about 150 kms from Jaipur, the capital of Rajasthan.
By Air – The nearest airport is situated at Jaipur (see Jaipur Airport). From Jaipur Airport, you may:
- take a Taxi (which will take about three hours to reach the Pushkar Centre (approximately Rs. 2,700/- for a taxi).
- take a Bus (after reaching the Sindhi Camp Jaipur Bus Stand, about 15 kms from the Airport) There is only one bus designated directly for Kadel town (departure time 12:30 PM) from the Sindhi Camp Jaipur Bus Stand. This will reach the Pushkar Vipassana Centre at about 5:50 pm (please request the conductor to stop at the Vipassana Centre).
- If you cannot take this direct bus, then there are many buses (including Deluxe, AC, VOLVO buses) to Ajmer from the Sindhi Camp Bus Stand which can be alternatively taken. It takes about 2½ Hours to reach Ajmer. From Ajmer, see Bus Schedule for reaching the Pushkar Centre.(Note: Booking of VOLVO AC services from Jaipur to Ajmer is possible over the phone 24 hours in advance by calling 91-141-2205790. The Jaipur Roadways Inquiry Telephone No. is 91-141-5116032. The Ajmer Roadways Inquiry Telephone No. is 91-145-2429398 and 91-145-2431615)
- take a Train to Ajmer (after reaching the Jaipur Railway Station, about 13 kms from the Airport). For list of trains to Ajmer, visit www.indianrail.gov.in
- From Ajmer Railway Station, you may reach the Pushkar Centre by taxi (costing Rs.350-to-Rs.400/-; for directions, refer ‘by Road’) or by Bus (refer ‘Bus Schedule’)
- (Note: The Railway Inquiry Tel. No is 131)
By Road (from Ajmer) – Reach Pushkar (15 kms from Ajmer). From Pushkar, take the Merta Road. 6 kms down the road, there will come Tilora Village. Just after this village, take the right turn for Kadel & Bassi towns (there is a small board of Centre appearing on this way). The Vipassana Centre is approximately 3.7 kms down this road on the left hand side, after a village called Dungaria Khurd and before a village called Rewat (technically, the Centre lies in Rewat Village). So, in all, the Centre is about 10 kms from Pushkar.
Roadways Bus Schedule (from Ajmer)
(as of January ’09, kindly check finally before making travel plans)
|Departure from Ajmer||Arrival at Vipassana Centre||Dep. from Vipassana Centre to Ajmer|
|08:00 am||09:15 am||06:30 am|
|11:00 am||12:05 pm||07:30 am|
|12:30 am||01:30 pm||08:00 am|
|02:45 pm||04:00 pm||08:30 am|
|03:45 pm||05:10 pm||10:15 am|
|05:00 pm||05:50 pm||01:10 pm|
|05:45 pm||07:00 pm||02:05 pm|
|06:45 pm||08:00 pm||05:15 pm|
Having reached Ajmer Railway Station or Ajmer Bus Stand, you can also go to Lodha Dharmshala (on Prithviraj Marg, less than a km from the Railway Station / 2 kms from the Bus Stand, Tel. No. 0145-2429916). You can take some rest here and then at 01:30 p.m. we shall arrange a vehicle to drop you directly to the Centre at a cost of Rs 200/- per passenger. But for this vehicle arrangement, kindly specifically inform Mr. D.K. Milak (Mobile No. +91-9413307570) at least 2 days in advance.
Any meditator requiring a taxi at the end of the course from the Centre may contact the Manager for assistance in this regard.
We hope you have a comfortable journey to the Centre. In case you still have any query, you may contact following Mobile Nos. +91-9829071778 or +91-9829028275
The Jaipur Airport is located near Sanganer, a satellite town, at a distance of 13 kms from the city of Jaipur. Domestic airlines link Jaipur with all the major cities of India, Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Goa, Ahmedabad, Indore, Surat, Raipur, Lucknow, Gorakhpur and Udaipur and Jodhpur as well.
The Jaipur Airport has been granted the status of an International Airport (since 2005) and there are flights to foreign cities like Kuwait, Sharjah, Bahrain, Muscat, Peshawar, Kathmandu, Bangkok, and Dubai.
|Location||13 kms from Jaipur, at Sanganer|
|Type||Domestic / International|
|Telephone||2704081 (City Office), 2723655 (Airport)|
The international airlines that offer air services to Jaipur are Air Arabia and Oman Air. All the air lines provide class services and assure a comfortable journey to their passengers.
Jet Airways, Air India, Indigo Airlines, Air Deccan, Indian Airlines, Air Sahara, Spice Jet, Kingfisher Airlines, and Go Air offer domestic services.
Here is a list of airlines that run to and from Jaipur covering the following destinations and their Jaipur Contact Nos:
|Airport Authority||City Office Ph. 2704081, Sanganer. 2723655|
|Spice Jet||Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai. Ph. 5119882|
|Jet Airways||Delhi, Mumbai, Udaipur. Ph. 5112222/23/24, 2551354, 2367408|
|Jet Lite||Ph. 5111821/22|
|Indian Airlines||Ahmedabad, Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai. Ph. 2743500, 2721333|
|Kingfisher Airlines||Bangalore, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Mumbai. Ph. 2723485, 2720975, 4030372/73|
|Indigo Airlines||Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai. Ph. 5119993|
|GoAir||Delhi, Mumbai. Ph. 6500801|
|Air Deccan||Bangalore, Mumbai. Ph. 5127444|
|Air France||Ph. 2377051, 2370509|
|American Airlines||Ph. 2375430|
|Austrian Airlines||Ph. 2377695|
|British Airways||Ph. 2370374|
|KLM North West||PPh. 2367772|
|New Zealand||Ph. 2370062, 2360532|
|Pakistan International Airlines||Ph. 2361460|
|Royal Jordan||Ph. 2375430|
|Royal Nepal Airlines||Ph. 2376485, 5113844|
|Sahara Airlines||Ph. 2377637|
|South African Airways||Ph. 2360532|
|Syrian Arab Airlines||2360532|
|Thai Airways International||5519428/29|
|United Airlines||Ph. 2360532, 2370062|
|Virgin Airlines||Ph. 2360532|
|Sri Lankan Airlines||Ph. 2372997|